Partners in Building
Partners in Building educates new and renewing congregations on ways to reinvent the concept of church through innovative uses of buildings and space. PIB is designed for leaders who are planning to or interested in learning how to build on, purchase, develop, manage, renovate, or refinance church-owned properties.
The PIB training event is offered annually in various locations across the United States. Through PIB pastors, lay leaders, and church property denominational executives from the United Church of Christ and other Christian churches are offered the opportunity to meet with CB&LF staff, capital fundraising executives, CB&LF loan partners and a range of building professionals and industry specialists including: land use attorneys, design and construction professionals, stewardship professionals, and active CB&LF loan partners.
In addition, Partners in Building offers:
• Pre-assessment of churches and organizations to determine specific needs.
• Training on financial reporting for churches.
• Orientation to CB&LF’s new automated application for financing and other services.
• Two optional Pre-PIB Seminars (includes lunch):
- Partners in Vision - Learn how CB&LF assist churches and church organizations with large and/or complex building projects (additional fee applies).
- The Future of Stewardship: Partnering to Build a More Vibrant Church – Learn about the United Church of Christ’s new program to help churches strengthen finances and increase giving (additional fee applies).
There is a $100 per person registration fee to attend the Partners in Building event (an additional $70 per person fee applies for each pre-PIB seminar)
. CB&LF will pay the costs for all travel, lodging accommodations and meals.
This year’s PIB will be held at the Courtyard Marriot, 500 E. 1st Street, Long Beach, California 90802 on September 23-24, 2016.
Interested in participating in the 2016 Partners in Building? Want to attend a Pre-PIB Seminar also? Click here to complete a brief survey before you register.
** Registration Will Close on August 15, 2016 **